Green Machine (Light) Smoothie
Editor's note: Shannon is my smoothie shaman. She knows her way around a Vitamix and, thus, is the true author of this recipe. I usually split this smoothie with my 3 year old, if that's any indication of its universal likeability.
- 1 banana (large)
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen cut spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (vanilla or regular)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon flax or hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (or 1 pitted date for sweetness)
Put all ingredients into a strong blender (Vitamix or similar) and blend until you reach your desired consistency. Add small amounts of additional almond milk while blending to make it thinner. Taste for sweetness and add honey to your taste.
Enjoy! (It keeps in the fridge in a cup with a lid for a day, max.)