Smoked Trout, Beet, & Radish Wasa Tartines
Two main things inspired my tweaks: I didn't have matzo and I don't like horseradish. So I used sourdough wasa crackers and subbed in Dijon mustard and... omg. So good.
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sourdough (or any) Wasa crackers
- 1 (8-ounce) package smoked trout, skin and bones discarded, flesh flaked
- 4 small steamed beets (from one 6- to 8-ounce package), thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread yogurt mixture on the crackers and arrange the trout, beets, and radishes on top. Sprinkle with flaky French sea salt (Maldon).
Variation: Instead of smoked trout, use a can of tuna or sardines in olive oil. Just drain off the oil and break the fish into chunks.